Celery seed extract is rich in cleansing flavonoids, oils, and acids and has been appreciated for its healing properties for generations. We’ll discuss five great reasons to incorporate a celery seed supplement into your daily routine.
Celery is often viewed as a healthy food, being low in calories and providing a satisfying crunch with a mild flavor. However, while celery is a popularly consumed vegetable, celery seeds are another component of the plant that can provide flavor and some surprising health benefits. Celery seed is sometimes used as a natural aid for various health issues, such as high blood pressure and arthritis. It is a good source of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. In this article, we will explore the uses and benefits of celery seed in more detail.
You May Also like:
5 Important Reasons Why You Should Include Celery Seed in Your Regular Diet is an original (HerHealthWatch) article.
Celery seed is a popular spice in many cuisines, particularly Indian, Middle Eastern, and European cooking. It is derived from the seeds of the celery plant, which is a carrot family member. The seeds have a distinctive, slightly bitter flavor and aroma. Celery seeds contain flavonoids, coumarins (natural blood thinners), volatile oils, and linoleic acid, contributing to the health benefits of consuming celery seeds or supplements.
Recent research has presented additional health benefits of consuming celery seed. A 2019 study examined celery seeds due to the high levels of apigenin, which has been suggested to help break down calcium crystals in kidney stones. Calcium crystals are caused, in part, by uric acid buildup. Uric acid is produced during the body’s waste-removal process. The study provided significant positive data suggesting celery seed can lead to kidney stone decay. However, more research is needed to establish a positive correlation.
5 key benefits
While human studies are limited, many animal studies have examined celery seed benefits, a common practice in medical research. Many other benefits can potentially be gained from eating celery seeds or celery seed supplements. More specifically, using celery seed extract provides five key health benefits.
- Liver protection – In a 2011 study involving rats, celery seed was proven to impact healthy liver function positively, aiding in the reduction of elevated liver enzymes and blood lipids. As elevated liver enzymes can create obstacles to healthy function, celery (and celery seeds) are suggested for daily intake as part of a diet to improve liver health.
- Relieves blood pressure – Another study examined the effects of celery seed on hypertension in rats. This study demonstrated a significant correlation between lowered hypertension rates and using celery seeds. The results of this study can be applied to humans with minimal risk.
- Reducing inflammation in joints – Though several over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers promise relief from joint inflammation, some individuals may be searching for an organic, holistic approach to inflammation relief. Celery seeds have been studied to contain inflammation relief benefits comparable to the top OTC options.
- May treat certain forms of cancer: Celery seeds, rich in apigenin, have been examined for their benefit as a chemopreventive agent for certain cancers. Chemopreventive agents help provide patients with better chances for long-term remission without recurrence of cancer development.
- Protects the kidneys & bladder – A 2021 study using rabbits examined the potential for celery seeds to improve bladder and urinary health and function. The study targeted hemorrhagic cystitis and found a positive impact on urinary health due to the consumption of celery seeds.
The Uric Acid Pill
Medicine Man Plant Co.’s The Uric Acid Pill is the premiere supplement for supporting healthy urinary function and lowering uric acid. Containing a proprietary blend of tart cherry extract, burdock root, and celery seed extract, The Uric Acid Pill aids the body in promoting healthy uric acid levels, and may provide relief from symptoms of gout and other ailments. This supplement also provides additional benefits. Tart cherry extract has also been shown to promote faster post-workout recovery, reduced arthritis pain, and a better night’s sleep. The components of burdock root have been shown to reduce fat storage and chronic inflammation. The Uric Acid Pill also provides all five key benefits of taking celery seeds.
Medicine Man Plant Co. supplements are carefully curated for the optimum health benefits, with “formulas [that] have been developed based on decades of deep study and experimentation.” According to co-founder Steve Skiff, “People today are more likely to live in an environment for which they are not biologically well-suited. Your specific genetic past is unique. By bringing you key plants from around the world there is a much better chance your body will get the specific compounds with which you co-evolved. The Medicine Man is here for you as he was in the past and will be in the future. This is the story, mission, and hope of Medicine Man Plant Co.”
Celery seed is an unsung hero in flavor and wellness, providing generous support for the body’s systems. From inflammation to cancer treatment and uric acid reduction, celery seed is a holistic remedy that can be safely added to most daily diets with little to no risk. Celery seed is a superior supplement for those looking to boost overall wellness or those seeking a holistic source of relief from joint pain and inflammation.
Organic facts – 9 Proven Health Benefits Of Celery Seeds
National Library of Medicine – Activity of Apigenin and Celery (Apium graveolens L.) Extract in Rats Induced by Ethylene Glycol-Ammonium Chloride.
Important Note: The information contained in this article is for general informational purposes only, and should not be construed as health or medical advice, nor is it intended to diagnose, prevent, treat, or cure any disease or health condition. Before embarking on any diet, fitness regimen, or program of nutritional supplementation, it is advisable to consult your healthcare professional in order to determine its safety and probable efficacy in terms of your individual state of health.
Regarding Nutritional Supplements Or Other Non-Prescription Health Products: If any nutritional supplements or other non-prescription health products are mentioned in the foregoing article, any claims or statements made about them have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and such nutritional supplements or other health products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.